Common troubleshooting methods for customized Easy Lift (PJS)
Common troubleshooting methods for customized Easy Lift (PJS):
(1) The customized Easy Lift (PJS) should be managed by a special person. The installation, operation and maintenance personnel of the customized Easy Lift (PJS) must be professionally trained and only allowed to operate after passing the examination.
(2) Before use, check the limit and safety devices of each part of the customized Easy Lift (PJS), and then raise the cage to 1m above the ground to stop, and check whether the braking meets the requirements. Then continue to go up to check the platforms, protective doors, front and rear doors and upper positions of each floor, and confirm that they meet the requirements before they can be officially put into production.
(3) If an abnormal situation is found during operation, the emergency stop button should be pressed immediately, and it is not allowed to open until the fault is eliminated.
(4) The goods carried by the customized Easy Lift (PJS) should be evenly distributed, and the materials should not exceed the cage. Overloading is strictly prohibited.
(5) When running to the upper and lower ends, it is not allowed to stop at the limit.
(6) Maintenance operations are strictly prohibited during the operation of the customized Easy Lift (PJS). When one cage of the double-cage lift is being repaired and maintained, the other cage shall not be operated.
(7) In case of thunderstorms, strong winds (above level 6), heavy fog, icing of guide rails, etc., the operation should be stopped.
(8) After work, lower the customized Easy Lift (PJS) cage to the bottom, cut off the power supply, do after-shift inspection and maintenance, and close the doors and windows before leaving.